Technical Support and Solutions Specialist (IT Specialist)
submit a resume
We are currently seeking a Technical Support and Solutions Specialist in our Tucson office. Under the direction of the Controller, this position will produce mobile applications in support of overall business objectives using the Hexagon platform and act as the single point of contact for end user help desk support and training.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops skill and expertise in all company business applications and systems.
- Responds to end user emails and phone calls in a timely manner, providing technical assistance and general support for issues related to computer systems, software (i.e. application usage) and/or hardware.
- Provides ongoing end user training regarding computer systems, software and, hardware to improve end user skills and mitigate recurring technical issues.
- Interfaces with software and/or managed service providers (Integrated Axis) as needed to troubleshoot and facilitate solutions to end user issues.
- Purchases and manages all hardware and maintains any software license inventory.
- Provides technology onboarding support (including computer purchase as needed, device configuration, password set up, software and mobile app training) for all new hires and offboarding of any terminated employees.
- Installs and troubleshoots network printers, local printers, scanners and other devices as needed.
- Develops new user-facing features in Hexagon software ensuring new features are sufficiently documented by building and maintaining tables and stored procedures in SQL database.
- Collaborates with and obtains input from all stakeholders and users in the development process ensuring that all user input is validated before submitting to back end.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience with SQL, HTML5, Graph Markup Language, API Gateways and RESTful API’s.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Technical Support/help desk experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Using the English language, ability to read and comprehend written concepts, write business appropriate documents using correct grammar, speak so others understand, hear and understand others speaking.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities with a positive demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skill in building interpersonal relationships with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and the ability to professionally represent the organization when meeting and/or interacting with clients, subcontractors and outside vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work, use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, exercise good independent judgment in decision making and problem solving within the scope of the job.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, meet reporting and other deadlines and manage data and information effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret charts and graphs.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or equivalent years of relevant experience
- 2 years’ experience desired delivering a range of estimates, preferably for commercial, multi-family, and/or hospitality construction projects
- Skill with related software applications (i.e. PlanSwift, Bluebeam)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read project blueprints
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid group term-life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation/sick time