If you are interested in pursuing a career in the construction industry, we are seeking an entry-level estimator in our Tucson office. The selected candidate will assist with a variety of estimating functions in support of commercial, multi-family housing, and hospitality projects with the goal of obtaining accurate quotes and ensuring a positive subcontractor bid experience.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets all architectural, structural, MEP (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) and specialty systems drawing and specifications to apply to estimating model and design build estimates.
- Reviews project schedule and phasing requirements to apply to estimating model.
- Identifies general condition needs such as site personnel and materials needed in order to successfully implement and complete projects, as well as develop an accurate quote.
- Assists in the development of project budget estimates.
- Prepares accurate on-screen “take off” estimates using Planswift.
- Compiles a list of relevant subcontractors (3 per trade) per project scope and may assist in developing and communicating subcontractor scope of work (SOW).
- Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to create project interest, communicate RFP, and send out bid invites.
- Attends pre-bid conferences and project walk throughs to gather additional project information,
- Participates in project turnover and set up with operations team.
- Participates in post project reviews.
Education and Work Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent years’ experience required.
- Two years’ experience desired delivering a range of estimates for commercial and hospitality construction projects.
- Knowledge of and the ability to independently operate standard office equipment and software applications (i.e., MS Office).
- Familiarity with take-off software (i.e., Bluebeam/Planswift).
- Familiarity in reading project blueprints and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, meet reporting and other deadlines, and manage data and information effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret charts and graphs.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid group term life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation/sick time